No, if you copy and paste an image into your email it won’t display when you send the message to your subscribers. For the images to render correctly, they have to live online either on your website, or on our platform’s server. You can also reference the images on an external server. You can upload images in the email Builder by following these steps:
- From the platform dashboard, hover over Email in the left-hand navigation and click Create Email.
- Select the email template you’d like to use, if there’s one you like, or click Next to proceed without a template.
- Fill in your email’s details on the Message Properties page and click Next to proceed to the email Builder.
- Select the Content tab from the tab options in the top left.
- Drag the Image icon into the spot in your email where you’d like your image to be.
- Hover over the centre of the image placeholder and click on the pencil icon in the top right of the placeholder. This will open the Image Properties editor, where you can add a link action to your image, set alignment, and include alt text in case your image doesn’t download in your reader’s inbox.
- Either insert the URL of the external server location of your image or click Upload Image to load the image onto our platform.
- Click Upload in the top-left corner of the pop-up box.
- Browse the image files on your PC and select the one you want.
- Click Open.
Once the image has been inserted, you can click on the pencil icon on the image placeholder to edit the image properties. We recommend keeping image sizes 600px wide or lower, with the image format set to low resolution (e.g. 72dpi RGB) to decrease the time it takes to load them in the inbox. The higher the resolution, and the wider and longer the image, the bigger the file size. Big images may be blocked, and can take long to download or render.